Welcome to the Northeast Alabama Community College Reaffirmation of Accreditation 2005 Web site. Before viewing this Web site, please make certain that you have obtained the free download of Adobe Reader 6.0 from http://www.adobe.com/products/acrobat/readstep2.html and have read the following information and instructions.
Access to Reports and Documentation from the NACC Reaffirmation of Accreditation 2005 Homepage
1. Upon visiting the homepage of NACC’s Reaffirmation of Accreditation 2005 Web site, please find the section labeled “Review Materials for SACS-COC.” In this section, you will find links to the following five Web pages:
a. Institution and Instructions
This Web page displays two links, one which will allow you to view the Summary Form prepared for the Compliance Certification Review and another which will take you to the page you are currently viewing.
b. Compliance Report
This Web page displays a listing of individual Core Requirements, Comprehensive Standards, and Federal Requirements as well as the Judgment of Compliance and URL address for each.
You may access individual report narratives from this page by clicking on the URL addresses.
c. Compliance Documentation
This Web page displays two links, one to a listing of documentation by report number and another to an alphabetized documentation listing. On the Documentation Listing by Report Web page, you will find direct links to specific report numbers on the left side of the page. Likewise on the Alphabetized Listing of Documentation Web page, you will see direct links to specific letters of the alphabet.
Simply click on the report number or letter you wish to see on these Web pages and you will be taken directly to your selection.
Please note the following:
On the Alphabetized Listing of Documentation Web page, you may view any piece of documentation by clicking on the title of the documentation or the link(s) provided.
On the Documentation Listing by Report Web page, you will find tables containing documentation titles and URL addresses to all documents. These URLs will appear in blue text in the right column of the tables.
Please be aware that in the right column of some tables, special instructions for accessing particular documents are given.
d. Quality Enhancement Plan
This Web page displays the Quality Enhancement Plan: A Plan to Enhance Student Learning in Developmental Studies.
e. Site Map
This Web page displays an alphabetical listing of the main components of NACC’s Reaffirmation of Accreditation Web site. Direct links are provided to specific information relating to these main components. This information may be accessed by clicking on the desired link title.
This Web page provides a search engine for www.nacc.edu as well as www.nacc.edu/sacspage/sacs/sacshome.htm through which you may seek information relating to specific topics or key words.
After accessing this page, type the topic or key word(s) in the search box located beside the words "Search for." Next, choose the Web site in which you wish for the search to be performed by selecting the drop-down menu arrow located beside the search box next to the words "Search in." By selecting "site" from this drop-down menu, your search will be performed in the college Web site as well as in the Reaffirmation of Accreditation 2005 Web site. Choosing "sacs" will limit your search to the Reaffirmation of Accreditation 2005 Web site.
2. The second section found on the homepage, entitled “The Process of Reaffirmation at Northeast,2003-2005,” is NACC's working Web site for the reaffirmation process. The following information is found on this site:
a. A message from the president of NACC
b. Contact information for members of the NACC Leadership Team
c. The NACC homepage
d. Contact information for the Accreditation Liaison and the Webmaster
e. A table of contents consisting of information gathered and posted during the ongoing process of Reaffirmation
f. Information about the area surrounding NACC
g. An inspirational thought for the day
h. Information about NACC
As required by the Commission on colleges, no changes will be made to the Compliance Certification Web site after March 15, 2004. However, as the college continues its Reaffirmation process through the development of the Quality Enhancement Plan, information will be added to this separate working site for use by NACC personnel.
1. Almost all of the documentation for the Compliance Certification is available for viewing online. Links to documentation can be found in tables at the end of each individual report and on the Documentation Listing by Report as well as the Alphabetized Listing of Documentation Web pages.
Below is an example taken from Core Requirement 2.1 of how documentation tables appear at the end of individual reports.
State Board of Education Policy No. 101.01, "Governance Responsibility"
State Board of Education Policy No. 712.01, "Degrees and Awards"
* Click on the blue highlighted URL addresses to access the documentation source.
2. Most supporting documentation is saved in a .pdf format. As previously mentioned, it is important that you download Adobe Reader 6.0 in order to make easier your review of the supporting documentation for the Compliance Certification. This free download is available at http://www.adobe.com/products/acrobat/readstep2.html. Please make certain to restart your computer after downloading Adobe Reader 6.0.
3. Many supporting documents which use Adobe Reader will contain bookmarks for easier navigation through these documents. You may view bookmarks by clicking on the tab entitled “Bookmarks” located on the left side of an open .pdf file.
4. SACS-COC Reviewers also have been given two CDs with a copy of the same supporting documentation that is available online. These CDs are for back-up use only and are provided in case the college Web server should unexpectedly fail during the review period. They are not meant to serve as the primary means of accessing documentation.
Back-up Disc No. 1 contains documentation for Core Requirements, Comprehensive Standards and Federal Requirements. Back-up Disc No. 2 contains a copy of the Faculty & Staff Handbook for 2002-2003. Please note that some documentation titles have been abbreviated.
5. The Alabama College System's newly reconstructed Web site became available online on March 15, 2004. Some problems have occurred because of the conversion. You may receive an error message upon trying to access the Alabama College System's homepage, Course Directory, Users Guide and/or State Board Members. This error message may ask you if you wish to debug. Please select "No." The message may appear twice. Please select "No" each time. Eventually, the correct Web page should appear on your screen.
6. As of March 15, 2004, all documentation links were up to date. However, please note that Northeast has no control over outside Web addresses. Should you encounter a problem with an outside Web site, please e-mail email@example.com.
Most documentation is available for printing. However, should a reviewer wish to receive a print copy or electronic copy of any supporting document, he or she may contact the Webmaster by calling (256)228-6001, ext. 230 or by making a request through e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org during the hours of 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. CT on Monday through Thursday or until 3 p.m. on Friday.
Should you encounter any problems with viewing supporting documentation and/or Web pages on the Web site or would like to share a comment about the Web site, please contact the Webmaster at (256) 228-6001, ext. 230 during the hours of 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. CT on Monday through Thursday or until 3 p.m. on Friday. Problems/questions/comments may also be e-mailed to email@example.com.